Friday, August 12, 2005

Playstation Portable (PSP) Mania

For the past month I have really learned to appreciate the best handheld console of them all - the Playstation Portable.From Games over Music and Videos to Emulators, Homebrew or Applications you can have all the fun in the world with firmware 1.50 that is!!! Whatever Sony tells it's customers about the NEED to update to 2.00, don't do it, when you want to use the PSP in any possible way.

I know the loaders and hacks allow to play pirated games right now, which I despise by the way, but why the hack
should I not be allowed to play Lumines (which I own) from my MEMSTICK if I want. That is the prospect I am talking about - own it and then play it any way you want!!!

What happens when you update to 2.00? Well okay you get a web-browser and the possibility to play movies in a newer MPEG4 Codec that still plays only in a maximum resulotion of 320x240. WOW! Well not so 'wow' when you consider that there are first homebrew browsers
(or some ripped from games) out already or in development and that there's a DivX/Avi Player (homebrew again) that can play videos in the PSP's native solution of 480x272... Didn't give me much trouble deciding to keep my 1.50 firmware... What about you guys?

Some may ask: What then about games requiring newer firmware (like Rocketman Dash, GTA, ...)? Well I guess there will be overrides for these! Don't get me wrong I will still buy them, but I will not play them from UMD but from my memstick and skip the bloody update!

If you already upgraded you can only hope that someone will find a way around firmware 2.00 and enable you to run homebrew on that aswell, but chances are sinking with every new upgrade 'cause Sony closes every hole they find...

So guys have fun with 1.50 --> and if you consider buying a new PSP, there are still 1.50 PSP out there only living in Europe you would have to import them, 'cause when selling them starts on September 1st over here in, they will all have firmware 2.00 >;o)




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home