Friday, August 12, 2005

The game that haunts my family...

Alright I went home last weekend, visiting my Mom & Dad (aswell as my sister) and showed them an interesting little piece of game software that a friend (Hai) has 'infested' my computer with. Within minutes after his first demonstration my girlfriend and I were already addicted playing nothing else for hours...

The same happened at my parents' place - Mom, Dad and Julia (my sister) were fighting for a place in front of Mom's new notebook (where I had first installed it) until I told them I had left the installation file on the harddrive. Now that everybody has their own copy of ZUMA DELUXE, the regular fighting has ceized and now fights about highscores begin to errupt (btw. I have to admit that my girlfriend holds the record having reached level 10 or 11 with a score that would reach over 2 lines of space here *grin*).

So if you don't know Zuma Deluxe yet, go here to download it directly, or here to play it online.


The principle is quite easy: You are a stone frog in the middle of the playfield who turns around his own axis to face the mousepointer (it remains fixed on his spot however). Now on predefined lanes coloured marbles start rolling down slowly toward a 'death hole'. If they reach it the stone frog, 'you', loses a life! You have one chance of surviva: Dissolving the marbles. The frog can produce and spit randomly coloured marbles (You see the colour of the marble that can be spat at the moment and the one that is next [you can also exchange these by right-clicking]). If you create a pattern of at least 3 marbles with the same colour linked directly, these will disappear.

Sound easy? Try! When you succeed - try doing COMBOS! Still easy? Try reaching level 10? Still easy? DAMN YOU >;o)

Did I mention that Zuma is great fun? No? IT IS GGRRREEEAAAATTT ADDICTIVE FUUUUUNNNN!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home