Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Update on me...

Alright, some stuff on what's going on at the moment (with me here in Germany):

Guess where we went to yesterday?


Indeed, we went to a toy-shop... Nah it was bowling...of course! Before I explain to you how much I suck at this game, let me detail the events that led to me sucking even more than normally:

The night before I didn't get much sleep (went to bed at 2:30 but couldn't really sleep) and got up at 8. Then I went to work - I work at a university by the way - and had some nice progress preparing my doctoral thesis. So at 6:30 I finish my work and since my girlfriend came over earlier, 'cause she needed my car, I walked to her parents place (roughly 3-5 km away). So you can imagine I was a bit exhausted by then (especially since I was carrying my Backpack around with me, which due to Notebook, PSP and other stuff weighs round-about 7-10 Kilos).

Now I had to help my girlfriend prepare stuff for her sister's wedding, which is set for a course of 2 weeks, starting next week. I had to draw on and cut their names from cardbord (and since I had to do it nicely it was bloody painful for my fingers). After finishing at about 10, my girlfriend's sister called, saying that they are going bowling with all the kids (meaning most of my girlfriend's cousins - a band of 5 kids - all cantonese/vietnamese but some born in Canada, some in Germany --> oh yeah didn't tell you yet my girlfriend is asian).

Soooo at 10:30 to 11:00 we arrive at the bowling place, I try to get some feeling back into my fingers, ignore the tiredness I am feeling and watch all these amazing kids reach at least 8 points on their first go and three strikes. Well as I told you that I suck at this game anyways, the prospect of losing to a band of 10 year olds wasn't helping my mood nor my tiredness. So after a passable first roll, it just went downwards, ending my game with 61 points losing again to my girlfriend (75 I think) AND half of the kids.

Now guess what - they didn't want to play a second time, to give me a chance to get some more points (or even greater embarassment) but agreed that the next place to go would be
McDonald's... So there we went. As I am seemingly the best person to order stuff, everybody just yelled their wishes at me before and while I was trying to place the order... Didn't help matters... In the end however everyone got what they wanted (Chickenburgers for the most part) and I could enjoy my McSundae caramel before I finally went home, fell into my bed and dozed off immediatly until my alarm clock rang about 2 hours ago.

Well need to get some work done now... At least I had some proper sleep yesterday, though it were only 6-7 hours >;o) *YAWN*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home