Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Kung Fu Hustle...

Well well well... looks that there were no BIG news or a lot of fun stuff in the last few days going on, especially with out German elections and the 'interesting' results, but let's not bath in pessimism:

Have you seen the 2004 movie Kung-Fu Hustle? Great movie! Fun, fist-on and wacky where needed. I like that! No me as a gamer asks himself, how come there are no cool kung-fu games out there reflecting some of that Hong Kong fun-style? Why aren't there any proper Kung-Fu games... Well as a language analyst you might add that kung-fu only means 'always train' and that some freaking games require exactly that to become well enough to earn ranks (yeah I KNOW what I am speaking of, still being private and also being scheduled forBF2 parachute lessons by my own guild...). It's not the same however:

Since I am a modern man, I want to be a master of 'having always trained' without the effort of 'kung-fu' (or was it the otherway round..). Someone must have thought the same: BEHOLD mortals the great power of Ragdoll Kung-Fu!!!


It's a game alright, it's about wacky Kung-Fu movies and it let's you create whatever moves you like to apply and let you use every object around. Yeah I know it looks sorta dated and 2d-ish but that is not the point: I really don't expect this to be a major game, a seller, I just expect it to be fun as hell, as a distraction that only requires a little training for the desired effect. You basically use the mouse to drag the ragdolls' limbs around to create devastating manouvers...

The above picture really cannot convey any of the possible fun this little piece of entertainment may bring, so I strongly advise you watch the trailer (warning: slow download - you can also watch it here - oh watch the second official trailer, the first one is crappy: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ragdollkungfu/) Have fun guys, I know I will... oh and by the way it will be available for download on the Valve steam servers (no matter how evil that may be...)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home